1. Getting Started
Summer Prior to Program
- Review the following documents: Before you Propose, Guidelines for Success, and Ideal Timeline.
- Fill out the Faculty-led Proposal. Submit an electronic version to OSA on or before September 1st.
- Prepare your Budget, Course Syllabus, and Itinerary. This should all be submitted along with your Proposal
2. Proposal is Approved
- Begin recruiting students to participate in your program through directed emails, interest meetings, class visits, social media, and tabling.
- Submit all contracts to the Office of Procurement and Contracts.
- Begin UCCC approval process for courses not listed in the course catalog.
- Participate in OSA’s Fall Study Abroad Fair in the Union.
- Keep in contact with OSA to be sure we have all the necessary information.
3.Application is Live
- Continue recruitment efforts.
- Participate in OSA’s Spring Study Abroad Fair.
- Begin reviewing student applications.
- Review International Travel Procedures and complete your A-04 International Travel Form.
4. Application Deadline Hits
- Accept student to your program.
- OSA will transfer student program fees to your department. Once you receive the funds, begin to make payments for your program.
- Encourage students to complete their applications, so OSA can give them permission to register in your course.
- Hold a Pre-Departure Meeting for your students before they go home for the summer.
- Remind students to attend one of the mandatory in-person Outbound Orientation sessions.
- Touch base with OSA to confirm that we have all the necessary information regarding your program.
- Complete the STEP Information Request Form and International Insurance Information Request Form.