Mississippi State University welcomes applications from non-MSU students for many of its study abroad programs. For more information on a particular program, call the Office of Study Abroad (OSA) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you have spoken with the MSU Office of Study Abroad and are ready to apply to study abroad on a particular program, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Admission to Mississippi State University
Before you may participate in a study abroad program with Mississippi State University, you must first be admitted to the university as a transient student.
- Apply online here as a transfer student and submit all required materials with your online transfer student application including the $40 application fee ($60 for international students).
- On the Additional Information section of the application, you must complete the question asking “Are you applying for admission only as a transient student?” by selecting YES.
- You will then need to request your current university/college send an official transcript to MSU.
These are the only requirements for Transient Student Applications. You will not need to send anything else, even if other items are requested. If you have any questions about the Transient Student Application process, please contact Crystal Sloan, email@example.com.
2. Application to your selected Study Abroad Program
Speak with the Office of Study Abroad regarding your program of choice. Certain programs may have distinct requirements.
Once you have been admitted to MSU as a transient study use your netID and password to apply to your study abroad program here.
Contact your home university study abroad office or your academic advisor to complete any additional requirements for off-campus study.
Once your materials have been received and reviewed, you will receive an email regarding acceptance into the study abroad program. You will be required to attend an outbound orientation, or complete the online version, before going abroad.