At this time, we are unable to hold our traditional in-person events so we have created a self-enroll Canvas course about study abroad. This course is called Study Abroad 101 and can be found by following the bullet point instructions below. The Study Abroad 101 Course was created and designed to provide as much information to students as possible that they would normally learn during a face-to-face interaction with the Office of Study Abroad. We have included specifics on what study abroad is, how it works, why it is important, program types, how to pick a program, etc. Students will find videos, documents, and links to specific information and websites of a variety of different programs.
In addition to the information available within the Canvas course, study abroad advisors are available via Webex, Teams, or phone to assist interested students.
To join Study Abroad 101:
- Login to myState
- From the Hamburger icon in the top left corner, click on the ‘Classroom’ section
- On the right-hand side of that page there is a box that says “Canvas Course Self-Enrollment”
- Click on the drop-down menu that says “Select a Course”
- Select “Study Abroad 101”
- Slide the Confirm Enrollment button to “Yes” and click “Self-Enroll”
For any issues accessing the Canvas course please contact email@example.com.