Information for applying as a full-time student at the English Language Institute.
Due to fluctuating enrollment numbers we may not be able to offer all 8 levels every session. For that reason, we are pre-screening students to determine if they are eligible for admission for the upcoming session. You may submit your application forms and test scores by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the F-1 Application form and submit it to the ELI.
- Submit your Language test score along with the application. You must submit a test score for your application to be evaluated.
- You will be notified of your admission status by email once a decision has been made.
If you are admitted, you will be sent instructions on how to:
- Pay the non-refundable $75 Fee.
- Comlete the Certification of Finance from and submit it to the ELI along with your proof of funding.
- Submit a copy of the passport Bio page for yourself and any dependents you plan to bring.
Once all application requirements have been met, we will issue an acceptance letter and the initial form I-20. International students should be prepared to fulfill all mandatory medical requirements as part of orientation when they arrive.
F-1 Transfer Students
In addition to the documents listed above, you must also:
- Submit copies of all other immigration documents (visa, I-94, and copy of current I-20).
- Submit the completed ELI transfer in form.
- Request that your current school release your SEVIS record to:
Mississippi State University English Language Institute
School Code: NOL214F10163001
Information for applying as a part-time student to the English Language Institute.
Non F-1 visa holders, U.S. permanent residents, U.S. citizens, and community members are welcome to study at the English Language Institute (ELI)!
All applicants must:
- Apply and register to take ELI placement test.
- Pay the $25 test registration fee.
- Take the ELI placement test.
- If accepted, you will be required to attend the orientation session immediately following the placement test.
- Be prepared to fulfill all mandatory medical requirements as part of Orientation.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Information about applying to Mississippi State University in addition to the English Language Institute.
English Language Institute students enjoy the benefit of alternate admission routes into the undergraduate or graduate programs at Mississippi State University, including TOEFL waiver possibilities.
Admission into MSU’s English Language Institute does not guarantee admission to a Mississippi State University degree program. Prospective students should contact the appropriate offices, either the Office of the Graduate School or the Office of Admission & Scholarships for undergraduate students. University and department requirements apply.
Students wishing to be considered for admission to the university should apply to MSU for admission, not to the English Language Institute.
For undergraduate admissions requirements, please visit the Office of Admissions and Scholarships website.
For graduate admissions requirements, please visit the Graduate School website.