The International Institute is announcing the 2024 Global Development Seed Grant (GDSG) program. The purpose of the GDSG is to seed new or emerging international partnerships that develop and enhance MSU’s competitiveness and ability to secure external funding for international research and international development projects. It is the goal of the International Institute for the GDSG to demonstrate a positive return on the investments for MSU.
The International Institute is eager to support faculty or teams of faculty who have innovative projects and ideas with a global perspective that promote high impact, sustainable, and scholarly activities, or capacity building. For faculty who have creative ideas but need partners both on campus and/or internationally to be successful, the International Institute will assist you in developing your ideas.
- Align with the Office of Research and Economic Development 2024 research priorities. Proposals should clearly articulate the link to MSU research priorities. (See Research Focus Areas PDF linked on this page, https://www.president.msstate.edu/sites/www.president.msstate.edu/files…).
- Develop international experience for research and development in early- and mid-career faculty.
- Increase the opportunities for future funding for research and international development activities.
In addition to meeting the objectives noted above, priority will be given in the following areas:
- Proposals with an emphasis on research for development.
- Proposals with a high potential to secure external funding during the term of the grant.
- Projects targeting future funding from USAID or other international development funding agencies.
- Projects building partnerships in the European Union leading toward EU available funding and other US agency grants for international research collaboration (USDA-NIFA, NSF, etc.).
- Cross-college collaborations.
- Proposal Due Date: November 15, 2023
- Available Funding: $25,000
- Award Ceiling: $5,000
- Match Requirements: Budget must include departmental funds
- Period of Performance: Twelve (12) months from start of the award
- Award Notification: No later than December 15, 2023
- Cover Page – with department and college signatures (see GDSG Cover Sheet)
- Narrative – up to 3 pages (see GDSG Proposal Guidelines)
- Timeline & Budget – 1 page each (see GDSG Proposal Guidelines)
- To assist with application development, please refer to the GDSG Proposal Grading Sheet and GDSG Proposal Checklist.
- Email proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Julie Sims: