Transfer Information

If you are already present in the US on an F1 or J1 student visa, you will need to have your SEVIS record transferred to Mississippi State University in order to maintain valid immigration status.

Obtain your Transfer Pending I-20

  1. Once you have been admitted, contact your current university and request a transfer of your SEVIS record to Mississippi State. School Code: NOL214F10163000.
  2. You will be sent instructions for uploading financial documents through our online portal. You will submit the following documents:
    1. Certification of Finances
    2. Proof of funding (for acceptable financial documents, please see Acceptable Financial Documents)
    3. Copy of passport
  3. Once your record has been released and you have submitted all necessary documents, please allow 7-10 days for I-20 issuance. If you will be traveling outside the US, please see the information below about traveling on a Transfer Pending I-20.

International Travel and Re-entry Prior to Beginning Studies at MSU

After the MSU transfer-pending I-20/DS-2019 has been issued based upon the procedures indicated above, students who plan on traveling outside the US prior to the start of the first semester at MSU must remember the following:

  • It is NOT necessary to visit the US embassy/consulate for a new F-1/J-1 visa unless the current F-1/J-1 student visa in the passport has expired or will expire before date of re-entry to the US.
  • Re-entry to the US will require students to show the following documents at the Port of Entry:
    • Passport (valid at least 6 months into the future)
    • Valid F-1/J-1 student visa in passport
    • MSU transfer pending I-20/DS-2019
    • SEVIS I-901 Fee Payment Receipt