Changing Programs

Program Extension

If your I-20/DS-2019 will expire prior to the completion of your program, you must submit a program extension request. Each request is evaluated separately and approval is not guaranteed. Please submit a program extension request at least 1 month prior to the expiration of your I-20/DS-2019.

Please allow 7-10 business days for this request to be processed.

Click Here to Apply

Change of Major

If you wish to change your major, you must first make the change with the Registrar (undergraduates) or with the Graduate School. Once the change is made in banner, please submit a document request so that we can process the change and print a new I-20/DS-2019.

Click Here to Apply

Change of Level

If you will begin a new degree level at MSU, you must submit a change of level request. Upon submission of this request, you will be issued an Initial Attendance-Change Educational Level I-20.

Click Here to Apply